Saturday, January 8, 2011

LAME

That past 48 hours have validated my lameness, but I'm ok with that.

I was a blubbering mess when Dad, Kate, and Lauren left me at 4AM yesterday. It was seriously awful.

Rather than wallow in self-pity, though, I decided to do the most American thing I could think of: shopping. At the mall. Too bad I picked the fanciest -schmanciest-most-like-Somerset mall to hit! Instead of picking up the items on my list, I mostly lurked around Siam Paragon gawking at the Swarovski crystal Christmas tree, rows and rows of jewelers, and the largest department store I have ever seen. The food court had literally had a fast food place AND expensive restaurant for every ethnicity food you could think of. Wild.

Didn't spend too long in the city before my energy was depleted (low food intake hasn't been getting me too far) and headed back for home. Was so tired by the time I got to the hotel I was ready to sprint to my room just so I could be there, but for some odd reason all of the hotel security personnel happened to be on my floor. I decided to not make myself look too suspicious.

Plopped in bed and got all emo again finding all the stuff sisters and dad had left me... notes and food and dad left me some meds in his geriatric pill box (dad maybe next time we talk you can tell me what they are...). Kate left her ipad charger- dont think that was a gift- so I'll have to send that to her.
Fell asleep early watching seriously terrible movies on the movie channel (who picks "City of Ember?!") And woke up early. I could get  used to this normal person sleep thing.

Pretty easy to DO NOTHING here.
My strategy for today was "DO NOTHING." It was pretty great. (Again, it validated my lameness). However, I have found that doing nothing is much more fun if you're doing it with a friend.Wah Wah. The most intense part of the day was my internal debate on purchasing either "The Proposal" or "Just Friends" on itunes. Proposal won.
Just storing up energy for going to the airport, lugging my suitcases all over tarnation (after I reclaim my checked bag), locating my group, and heading up to my temporary home (AIT). I am so excited for the rest of the group to be here. Ready for a routine!

Until then, I'm about to head up and start packing up my things and will prob order room service for dinner:) Found some pretty reasonably priced things but $5 for juice?! That is so dumb, fo real.

5 hours till go time!

Love to America,

Rosie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you, Ro. And you are NOT lame.. I have spent the whole weekend in my pj's. glad you are with your group now : ) Miss you!

and I can't believe you rent proposal instead of just friends. just saying.

dusty lee?

katemattern said...

Morning ro! I posted a comment earlier but I can't find it. LOVE your blog. I feel lik ei tmay be my new daily thing to look forward to! Hope things are going well with your group. I am so excited for you. I hate that I can't text/call - I've thought of so many funny things about our trip since I've been home. Keep blogging so I know what you're up to! And don't forget your "I was wondering" section :)
xoxo, love you sister!

Susan Jones said...

Dear Rosemary~
So great to hear your voice. You sound wonderful and so at ease. I am very proud of your international study abroad experience. Your Blog is so interesting and fabulous photos. I can only imagine the depth this journey is bringing to every part of your life. The opportunity to grow is beyond compare. You are missed at home but with us in spirit every moment of the day and night. Keep me posted. I treasure your beautiful calls. Be safe and have the time of your life.
Love,
Mom